Atopic Dermatitis is also known as Eczema. It is a condition in which your skin gets itchy and red. It can occur at any age but it is more common in children. It is a chronic disease and the patient can also experience hay fever and asthma along with it. Science has discovered no cure for this disease but it can be managed through self-care and medication. Atopic Dermatitis treatment Harley Street is done through medicated creams, ointment and moisturizers to skin. Let’ discuss in detail how to treat this disease.
Symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis
Before discussing the treatment of this disease let’s first discuss some of the common symptoms of this disease. The symptoms vary from person to person and include:
- Severe itching which becomes worse at night.
- Brown reddish patches on the skin that can be on hands, chest, upper chest, eyelids, and neck and under elbow and knees. It can be on scalp.
- The person has some raised bumps which are small and if the patient continuously scratches them they leak fluid. The skin becomes dry, scaly, cracked, and thickened.
- The scratches become swollen, raw, and sensitive.
Treatments and Drugs
It is a very persistent type of disease and you have to perform different types of treatments in a month and even throughout the year to control it. Also, if you are properly responding to the medications and treatments it is possible that the symptoms can come back. It is better to understand the condition of the patient before starting any treatment. If regular moisturizing and skin care is not helpful then the doctor can suggest various types of drugs and medicines.
- Your doctor can prescribe you a corticosteroid cream or ointment. It is necessary to start this cream after fully consulting your doctor because overuse of this cream can cause thinning of skin, discoloration, stretch marks, and infection.
- There are many creams that can help repair your skin which include calcineurin, Protopic, and Elidel. Once you will apply these creams on your skin, they will help to maintain a normal skin and they will also reduce the symptoms of this disease. These creams are applied when other treatments fail and also when the patient can not tolerate other treatments. These creams are also suitable for children over two years and also for adults. If you have a bacterial infection then many drugs can also treat it.