Social media is growing:
Social media is one of the most commonly used internet applications around the world. Websites and networks like twitter, Facebook, Instagram and much more have been able to capture their users with a deep infiltration even at the very basic levels. People belonging all walks of life, every age group, and every gender use different types of social networks to remain in contact with their family and friends. Others use it as a source of passing theidle time or simply to get some interesting entertainment without paying a heavy cost.
Effective for theeducational sector:
Apart from the above, in recent years internet and especially social media have brought about revolutions and innovations in other segments as well. This is most applicable to the business and marketing industry, where social media marketing has become one of the most talked about phenomenon around the world. Similarly, social media has also influenced the education sector as well. Bringing out new modes of communication and new methods of sharing information and data has been introduced in universities and colleges through these networks.
Ways of usefulness:
Benefitting from the collaborative networking, knowledge generation and information sharing functions of social media, higher educational institutes have implemented them in their off and on campus activities. Here many people wonder how social media websites can be beneficial for students, but in reality, they are not only beneficial for the students but also the teachers and management of the educational organizations. Let us now look at some of the ways social media in higher education can be useful and effective:
- Social media websites allow students to get easy and quick accessibility to significant information and data with convenience and reliability. Networking allows messages about on campus and off campus activities to be circulated amongst students conveniently.
- Through using thesame social network, a connection between teachers, students and administration are
- Students utilize social media platforms for making useful discussions with teachers and other students
- Many of the ambiguities and queries of the students are answered through such networks.
- Getting and sharing information and study documents with students becomes easy. People living in far off places can benefit from online study programs that use social media more effectively.
So these were some ways social media is being utilized in higher educational practices.